5.18.2008

Transitioning

So far the transition home has gone really well with the exception of the jet lag. Our schedules are really messed up and it is hard to get them back on a regular time schedule. Today, I got up at 2:00 a.m. and went back to bed at 3:00 a.m and Bei woke up at 4:00 a.m. We finally got him down for a nap around 12:00 p.m. He wasn't cranky or anything but I figured the little man needs to get some sleep, I know I wish I could. He is kind of funny though because he fought it, so Dan and I pretend we are sleeping and Bei must be wound up because he couldn't sleep, so he decided to see how many fingers could fit into daddy's nostril...three, wow he has some big nostrils! Okay, how about mama's? One... Believe me it tickles and it is hard not to laugh. Then he decides to clean his feet, off come the socks and out comes his tongue and he licks and sucks his toes. If going to the University doesn't work for him later in life, he definitely can join the circus as a contortionist. He is babbling the entire time and singing and then he comes and looks into my face to see if I'm really sleeping and then he does the same to Dan. Finally, he fell asleep! Thanks goodness! Unfortunately, I couldn't and I'm going to be exhausted tonight.
We had a big victory today with Bei. He would always want to sit on my lap when he ate, well Dan assembled his booster chair today and lo and behold the kid loved being in the chair!! He sat their for an hour playing with his Cheerios! Yeah for us!!!

No comments: