5.27.2010

Busy!!

Brief Update: Kai continues to wake up several times in the night. It is getting easier because I figured out his routine of getting up. Usually 20 minutes to an hour after I put him down and then again at 2:30 a.m.. And then again between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m. He isn't one for alot of sleep and does take two short naps during the day.

Bei is struggling somewhat with being "dethroned". This week we had alot of acting out, peeing his pants, telling me he wanted our neighbor Alison for his mom (It crushed me!). In the two years that we have been together he has never said a mean word to me. Some kids go through the "I hate you stage"...not my angel...he just wants a new mom...poor fella. It is very hard to realize you are not the little emperor any longer.


Okay, before I go I have to share one story with you. There is a BIG difference in the way that Dan and I watch the children. Me, I watch the children, that is what I do. I feed them, play with them, sing with them, dance with them and basically hang out with them. If a dish makes it into the dishwasher, it is a good day. Dan on the other hand has a totally different concept of "watching the children". Here is how it went with Dan "watching" Kai last weekend, while I tried to take a nap with Bei; I hear Dan and the baby playing and talking and I was just about ready to fall asleep when I hear the baby fussing. I'm listening for Dan, when all of a sudden I hear the drill in the next room. I am about ready to get up when Dan goes and starts talking with the baby and I hear the baby is happy again. I am about ready to drift off to sleep again when I hear crying and fussing from the baby, so I listen and I hear Dan out in the garage hammering, he has the garage door open and is trying to talk to the baby in the house to keep him quiet...it is not working. He comes in and the baby quiets down. Again, I hear the baby cry and I hear the wash machine going downstairs. This crazy scenerio last about an hour until I finally get my tired arse out of bed and go deal with the baby. Dan proudly announces that he did 65 loads of wash, built a toolshed, hung the drapes in the boys room and solved the oil spill problems in the gulf coast...great Dan...but what is the one thing you didn't do? Watch the baby!!!!

No comments: