2.04.2009

My baby turned 3!

Huckleberry has his grand poo-buh hat on. It truly is his winter hat. It is SO Huckleberry!
Huck has said some very funny things to me lately. "Liz, Liz, Bei has a tooth, I saw it!" Yeah well, he better have more than one or somebody is in trouble because he had a full set this morning. "Liz, Liz, did you hear that? He called you mom!" Huck it has been 9 months and he called me some version of Mom since day one. "Liz, does Bei know he is Chinese?" I answered no. Then Huck said "Oh, he thinks he's Japanese." The best was "you are the greatest neighbors to have living next to us!"
Instead of trying to corral the kids into some kind of organized birthday games, jumping on the beds is alot easier.

You can't have too many birthday parties. The kids came over from next door on Bei's actual Birthday and celebrated with him. Later Bei and I went to Paint your Plate with the triplets, triplets mom and grandmother. Oh my...it was crazy, but very fun! No pictures because it was too chaotic.

Bei helping mom make his birthday cupcakes. Mmmm, chocolate on my wrist too!




Bei going kittywampus down the hill



Bei's first snowman
To love a child is to experience it through a mothers lens. It really is an extraordinary experience in so many ways. I keep asking my sister is it Bei? Is he something special that I love him so much? She assured me that every mother loves their child like I love Bei. I think what I find unique about Bei is that his temperment is so easy going. Maybe there is this nagging voice in the back of my mind that keeps telling me that it so easily could have gone the other way. We could have not bonded from the beginning, we could not like each other and have struggled. I guess that was more what I was prepared for based on the research that we read. They prepare you for worst case scenario. We are so grateful and blessed that we got this wonderful little boy that loves us too.






2 comments:

Our Family said...

Happy Birthday Bei! I can't believe you're 3 already! Lily sends you wonderful birthday wishes.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bei!!! Liz, you made me cry reading how in love you are with Bei. You really should write Hallmark cards or a book. You could do the next Chicken Soup for the Mom's soul.

:)
Beth