Another Hearing Day!

Do you see it?  He wore his hearing aids today for approximately 6 hours.   This morning when I first put them in he fought me and then decided he was going to pass out.  I stayed the course this time and didn't let the passing out dissuade me.    All the easier for me to put them in while he is unconscious...right?   Good news is that I got them in before he passed out and then he settled right down...no passing out.   He wore them initially for 1.5 hours.   After that I put them in two different times for about 2 hours each.   He is Mr. Independent and wants to do everything by himself and he gets mad that he can't put them in himself.   Please keep prayersthat we get Kai Kai Sweetie Pie wearing them every day.

Elly thanks for the Cheeseheads!   The boys love them! 

At least Bei and Katherine do!  I think Bei must have been eating a few CHEESEto. 

Oh...I guess Mr. Independent does too...he just wanted to put it on himself.  Anyway, thanks for thinking of the boys!   They will be wearing them on Sunday!  Go Packers! Go! 

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hi Liz!

I always wonder if people "see" comments left on older posts, so I'll try here :D

My Tate is 13 now. Wow. I can hardly believe it. We didn't know about his Hearing Loss until he was three, but he had more hearing then (his loss is progressive).

When he first got his HA's he could only wear them for a few minutes at a time. We had to work up to wearing them all day. It helped that his day was still broken up by a long afternoon nap, which provided a "listening break".

I would imagine that all the sound he could suddenly hear was overwhelming to him!

Your audiologist probably gave you lots of good advice. I remember ours suggesting we first work on wearing the HA's in quiet environments, like at home, as opposed to in a crowd or in the car (all the road noise). It probably seemed longer at the time, but it really wasn't long before he was wearing them all his waking hours!

Hang in there :D