11.28.2009

What is this little guy smiling about???



He just found out that he is going to be a Krueger boy!!! His name is Wu Zheng Kang and he is currently 9 months old and is from Wuyishan Orphanage in the Fujian province. Our adoption paperwork is in China and we expect to travel some time in the spring/summer of 2010. As I find out more, I will fill you in on the details.
I bet alot of you are wondering how Bei is going to handle having a sibling??? Well...me too! He is starting to understand better that he will be getting a brother. If you ask him if he is getting a brother? He may answer "yes, broder OR a sister." Well no buddy, it is brother for sure. On Thursday as we were driving to my sister Nanette's house for Thanksgiving, I asked Bei "what should we name your little brother?" He didn't answer. So I said "How about Thomas?" "Noooo" Bei said, " that's a trains name." "How about Marcus?" Bei said "Nooooo". Okay, I am out of names kid....Then Bei shouts "Let's name him Nanette!" I just keep thinking of that Johnny Cash song "A boy named Sue."
I'm dreading this entire naming process again. It honestly is the worst part of having a kid for me. I'm still haunted by the fear that Bei is going to come back and say to us "this is it? my name is Bei? You were too lazy to figure out a better name so you let an orphanage name me??" Well it is a half truth, his given first name is Daniel. Plus I like the name Bei and we get alot of compliments on it. But the dilemma with the new little guy is that we can't follow the same protocol by calling him by his Chinese name of Kang and having his first name an English name. Kang is pronounced Kong in China and I refuse to call a child Kong. Donkey Kong...King Kong...the list could go on... So if anyone has any great boy names, let me know! I am open to ideas since I only have two at this point Thomas and Marcus...oh I mean three and Nanette!

3 comments:

Peter and Alison plus 3 said...

Congratulations Dan, Liz and Bei! He is just gorgeous! We can't wait to meet him!!! SO exciting!

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie!!! I love his smile. It just lights up a room!

Tracy said...

He is GORGEOUS! Wow - congrats - what a happy boy.

My favorite names are Mason and Ronan. Had Charlotte been a boy, she would have been a Mason.