10.14.2009

Because you love me...


It was a year ago yesterday that Bei had his open heart surgery. Our adoption was a life changing event, but his surgery was a life saving event. Anyone who has seen Bei's hearty appetite would understand that it was concerning that in the first 5 months that we had him, he didn't gain any weight. His poor little heart was just working too hard.
To think that he only weighed 18-20lbs at 27 months is unbelievable. In my heart of hearts I just know that there are birth parents out there that loved him so much that they wanted him to live, even if it meant that he couldn't be theirs any longer. I just can't imagine making that ultimate sacrifice, I consider them courageous. I pray for peace regarding their decision. Perhaps, it played out differently than that, I will never know, but I know in my heart that he has been loved before.
So yesterday was a special day for us because Bei's surgery allows him to live a normal, healthy life. Anyway, when Bei got up in the morning, I brought him out to the couch and the first thing he said to me was "You're a good mom"...wow, it took me aback, this is not a line I have been feeding him, with hopes of having him repeat it to me. I looked at him, and said "why do you think I am a good mom?" Bei looked shy and said to me "because you love me". Oh my gosh...I could have just hugged the stuffings right out of him. I thought he was going to say because I give him popsicles ... It really made yesterday even more special to me. He is my gift from God and we are so blessed to have him in our life!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Wow,just amazing. Bei Bei is the sweetest little boy! I bet your heart just melted!